Thursday, November 19, 2015

Braised Bok Choy Recipe

At Costco I force myself to get at least 2 different vegetables each times I go. Usually when I get home from work the last thing I want to do is prep vegetables and cook them. Ice cream for dinner anyone? Recipes that take 10 minutes or less have a fighting chance that my vegetables will make it into my belly instead of the trash can. Introducing 2 lbs of baby bok choy at Costco. What does one do with 2 lbs of baby bok choy? They make braised baby bok obviously.

Ingredients
1 lb of baby bok choy
1/2 cup of Kirkland chicken stock
1 tsp of sesame oil
3 peeled garlic cloves
2 tbsp of butter
salt 

Recipe
Prep the baby bok by cutting off the end and slicing in half. Sometimes I'm lazy and don't even cut them.


In a pan at medium high heat, pour in the chicken stock, sesame oil, garlic cloves and butter.

When the butter melts, dump in the baby bok, sprinkle salt to taste, and put a lid on the pan.

After a few minutes, stir the baby bok around until its tender (3-5 min). If you don't cut them in half you should be able to easily slide a butter knife through the stem of the baby bok.

I served it with roasted duck with crispy skin (I cheated and bought this at Jing Jing in Bellevue) and some steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment